I always find it interesting when the gym is overflowing with people this time of year.
No parking spaces, no available machines and no openings in class.
A week or two later, the gym looks like a ghost town. (No judgement here, I must admit that I follow this trend.)
I remember a past trainer asking me about my “WHY”.
WHY did I want to work out? What did I want to accomplish and WHY did it matter?
My specific WHY has changed over the years but my general WHY of being healthier and having more energy to enjoy my family, friends and the future generations has stayed constant.
In addition to keeping my WHY front and center, I am always encouraged by motivational quotes.
Here are 12 quotes, one for each month, on motivation and perseverance to help keep you motivated throughout the year!
1. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney
2. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain
3. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” –Confucius
4. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela
5. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”-Arthur Ashe
6. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” –Andy Warhol
7. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” –H.G. Wells
8. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” –Helen Keller
10. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” -Julie Andrews
11. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” –Vince Lombardi Jr.
12. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” -Maya Angelou
Do any of these resonate with you? Do you have some favorites to add to the list?
What is your Why? Share below so that we can help keep each other accountable.
Looking for more inspirational quotes? See the post 20+ Inspiring New Year Quotes.
New to FoodASC?
Don’t miss out on future articles! Join the community today.