Does Halloween make you want to scream?
Stomach tied up in knots?
Well, it doesn’t have to be that way!
Discover these 4 secrets to have a safe and fun Halloween as well as some fun alternatives.
What to do before, during and after trick-or-treating!
- Ask your child if they’d like to go or not.
- Costume selection – think gloves!
- Enlist neighbors help – Deliver candy to neighbors prior to Halloween to give to your children Halloween night.
- Pick out safe candy and non-food treats like toys, stickers, glow bracelets, spider rings and fangs!
- Decorate your Teal Pumpkin– designates you have non food treats.
- Feed your child before heading out.
- Take 2 epinephrine auto-injectors.
- No eating policy while trick-or-treating.
- Pick safe candy – encourage kids to choose the candy that’s safe for them. May politely decline.
- Look for the Teal Pumpkin.
- Sorting party – sort through the candy with kids and determine what’s safe and not safe. Great skill for them to learn.
- Switch out unsafe candy – Fairy, witch or Great Pumpkin can swap the candy for safe candy or other items like toys or books.
- Neighborhood candy exchange – swap candy with neighborhood kids.
- Check for local activities – zoo, theme park, sporting event, aquarium, trunk or treat, allergy friendly festivals.
- Movie Night! – at home or out.
- Halloween or Harvest party – with family or friends.
I hope these secrets help you and your child to have a fun and safe Halloween! For more tips to empower your kids on Halloween, click HERE.