- favourite cooking oil for sautéing
- 3–4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 cup organic cornmeal avocado oil
- marinara sauce or other favourite pizza sauce
- In a medium-large saucepan, sauté the garlic in oil over medium heat until it starts to become translucent (do not overcook).
- Then add the water, salt and rosemary and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the temperature to low and whisk in the cornmeal, adding it very gradually.
- Keep whisking continuously until the polenta becomes very thick; cook for about 1 more minute, until it begins to move away from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour it onto a parchment–covered baking sheet or in a silicone pan form and very quickly spread it to make a 12-inch diameter round, about a 1⁄4-inch thick. (It is really important to move quickly during the spreading process because the polenta begins to set super fast.) For mini-pizzas, make several smaller rounds.
- Allow the polenta to set fully, which only takes 5–10 minutes.
- Then brush the whole top surface with some oil and pre–bake the crust in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before adding the sauce and toppings of your choice.
- After topping, return to the preheated 425°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until the toppings are heated and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Source: Polenta Pizza recipe from YUMFoodForLiving
Share this Recipe